I Vs. I.

Posted by Maane Simpas | Posted in | Posted on 10:33 AM

CHARLES: John, you can't ignore me forever.
JOHN: Charles, you've been a very good friend to me. The best. But I won't talk to you again. I just can't.
(
to MARCEE): Same goes to you baby girl. Goodbye.

- - -

Imagine if you suddenly learned that the people, the places, the moments most important to you were not gone, not dead, but worse, had never been. What kind of hell would that be?


"I still see things that are not here. I just choose not to acknowledge them. Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream."

"I've gotten used to ignoring them and I think, as a result, they've kind of given up on me. I think that's what it's like with all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin, we've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive."

-
JOHN NASH, A Beautiful Mind.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment