Four Words.

Posted by Maane Simpas | Posted in | Posted on 6:22 PM


I've been running this over and over in my head. How our conversation led to those last 4 words.

I was just watching late night shows on the television, waiting to feel sleepy, when my phone beeped and I received a message from him. We were having a casual exchange of SMS about what's been up lately. It's been a few weeks since we last talked. He said he was drinking with his old pals in their hometown. Then I remembered that it has been more than a year since we broke up. He couldn't believe that it has actually been a year. Well time did indeed fly by fast. I couldn't believe it myself. The pain is still there, only with lesser intensity than before. I guess I'd never feel whole again like how I did when I still had him. I asked him how it has been for him, the break up I meant. He said he didn't know, he didn't have the answers. So I said okay and felt the need to stop pressing on about that issue. As always, he didn't reply anymore.

I turned the television off and decided to sleep. I tucked myself in bed and said my prayers. Then my phone beeped again. And this was what it said.





And that was enough to send me to sleep, smiling.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment