Knowledge Deficit.

Posted by Maane Simpas | Posted in | Posted on 5:41 PM

A woman falls asleep with both of her mammaries exposed for everyone to see. She must have been so tired being her son's bantay that she doesn't care if her areolas were as black (or brown) as earth.

"Ma'am, can you please pull your shirt down?" I should have said.

But she looked so peaceful in her sleep that I didn't interrupt. Afterall, she should have been aware of where she's at and the environment she's in.

--

"Ma'am, do you have a syringe?"

The woman looks at me blankly, a little quizzical.

"May injection kamo ma'am?", I repeated the question using the layman's term for syringe.

The woman didn't flinch even just a tiny bit.

"Ma'am, ang gina gamit bala mag hatag sini.. (shows her the vial of Ceftriaxone). Ang may dagum bala ma'am.." I explained further while my hand gestures the way medicine is given intravenously.

The woman then moves from stupor and hurriedly takes out a 3 ml syringe from her bag.

I went back to the nurse's station and shares this to Tasha.

Tasha: Sa sunod gani, renggilya hambalon mo.

Me: Ayuga? Muna gali ilonggo sg syringe? (Then laughs at myself.)

--

Man taps me in the shoulder..

"Doc, ang dextrose bali ni (name of patient).."

Me: Ay, nurse ko ya sir...

Man: Amo man na gyapon.

Me: Indi gid ya eh. (Muttered under my breath.)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment