9th Of May.

Posted by Maane Simpas | Posted in | Posted on 8:27 PM

I have been invited to come to Jesus' kingdom today and I responded.

Jesus invited me to come inside His house, and I followed.

We were walking on His garden and stopped at the front door of His mansion.

When He opened the door, He led me to His backyard where there was a gift for me, waiting to be opened.

Jesus said: "This is a gift from someone special. Try to open it."

I opened the package but had a difficult time. It's as if superglue was used to seal it.

I looked up to Him and asked, "I couldn't open it."

Then He said, "this person whom this present came from was very special to you. You have loved him, but he has hurt you so badly. In order for you to open this present, I want you to take a look back to the times that this person has hurt you, has caused you pain, as well as resentments."

I tried to imagine one face who has hurt me most recently. The face was yours. I scanned my brain, looking back to those times when we fought, when we misunderstood each other, when we fell apart. I cried.

Jesus put His hand on my shoulder and told me, "the gift shall be opened when you are able to forgive this person. when your heart is free from pain, hurt and resentment. When you feel lighter and accept the wrongs that he has done unto you."

For the past few months, I thought that I have already forgiven you. That I have already accepted what has happened between us.

But I was surprised to discover that those negative emotions were still there. I haven't let go completely. Instead, I have planted seeds of anger and plotted revenge against you. And I am so ashamed that Jesus knows all of this.

Jesus said, "you know why you couldn't have peace of mind? That's because you have planted negative things in your heart. And this has affected you greatly in your present life. You have become doubtful, you lost faith, you questioned My love for you, you have inhibitions towards other people."

Jesus knelt in front of me and looked me in my eyes, then spoke. "Child, let go of the things that's hindering you from loving Me and from coming back to Me. You will truly enter My kingdom once you have freed yourself from such things. And I promise you a better and happy life ahead if you leave your past behind and make room for forgiveness in your heart."

I dwelled on Jesus' words. "Love one another as I have loved you." While clinging on to that, slowly but surely, I tried to free my heart with the feelings of hurt, pain, anger, resentment and revenge. And after a while, I felt lighter.

Then I saw your face replace Jesus'. You smiled and said.. "I love you, I forgive you, please forgive me."

Tears flowed from my eyes. In happiness and relief, I replied.. "I love you, I forgive you, please forgive me.."

Again, I tried to open the present and found the happy memories that we had.

And I would hang on and treasure those. :)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment